Presentation Secondary School provides the following programmes of education for its students:
- Junior Certificate Programme
- Transition Year Programme
- Leaving Certificate Programme
- Leaving Certificate Applied Programme
This overall provision is organised as follows:
- Religious Education
- Home Economics
- Civic, Social, Political Education (CSPE)
- Social, Health and Personal Education (SPHE)
- Physical Education (PE)
2nd Year and 3rd Year:
Religious Education, Irish, English, Maths, History, Geography, CSPE. SPHE, PE, Science, Modern Foreign Language
Students may choose 2 subjects from:
Music, Art, Business Studies, Home Economics
5th & 6th Year
Irish, English, Maths, Religious Education, Career Guidance, SPHE, PE
Students may select 4 of the following subjects:
History, Geography, French / German. Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Applied Maths, Accounting, Business, Economics, Social and Scientific, Art, Music, Leaving Certificate Vocational Programme
Transition Year (TY)
This is an exciting one year programme available to our students immediately after Junior Certificate. It is a foundation year for Leaving Certificate.
The benefits of doing Transition Year
- A maturing year.
- A year which allows students to then pursue the Leaving Certificate with more purpose and motivation.
- The curriculum has been developed with an academic focus to provide a strong foundation for the Leaving Certificate.
- Students will make more informed decisions on subject choice.
- The year allows independent and self-directed learning, self-management skills and time management skills.
- Statistically proven that students who complete TY, attain higher points in their Leaving-Certificate.
- Work experience
- UCC/CIT ‘Taster’ Programme
- Faith Friends
- Seachtain na Gaeilge
- Presidents Award – Gaisce
- Green Schools
- Subject Related Projects / Competitions
- National Competitions – Young Social Innovators, Young Scientist, Mini Company, Build-a-Bank
- Royal Irish Academy exams
- Cork Schools History Project
- Gaeltacht trip
- School Tour
- Theatre Visits